Euro-Tech Environmental Policy
EURO-TECH’s overall purpose is to build upon its reputation as a leading distributor of electronic and associated components and to be recognised as a progressive company with integrity and a commitment to excellence. This includes a commitment to be an environmentally conscious organisation.
This policy outlines our aims and principles in relation to managing the impact that our operations may potentially have on the environment.
Key environmental impacts include: - packaging (waste)
This policy is supported by procedures, organisational arrangements and guidelines for action and is applied to all activities carried out by the Company.
We are committed to:
- Complying with relevant environmental legislation, regulations and approved codes of practice to prevent pollution, reduce waste and protect the environment.
- Encouraging compliance with standards and policies through induction, training, contract agreements, consultation and regular meetings.
- Minimising waste and reducing our consumption of energy, water and materials, particularly non-recyclable goods, via controlled procurement, re-use of materials, refurbishment and maintenance of equipment and furniture and increase in recycling before final disposal.
- Setting objectives and targets to reduce our consumption of energy, water and materials and to minimise waste. Monitoring progress towards these on a regular basis and promoting continual improvement.
- Promoting the use of environmentally sustainable transport options through our travel plan.
- Making this policy available to customers, suppliers and all interested parties through our website and encouraging similar standards on environmental matters.
- Taking all practical steps to ensure that potential hazards and risks to the environment are identified and that suitable and effective preventive control measures are implemented
- Formalising our efforts through recognized standards such as Envibe Awards
All staff have responsibility for cooperating and assisting in the implementation of this policy and to ensure that environmental issues are given adequate consideration in the planning and day-to-day operation of all work.
This policy has been endorsed by the Directors who give their full support to its implementation. The operation of this policy and the associated procedures will be monitored and reviewed on a regular basis to ensure high standards are maintained and areas for improvement are identified. Date of next review: August 2016
Euro-Tech (Export) Ltd.
Registered office 518 Purley Way, Croydon CR04RE UK
A Limited company registered in England.
Company registration number 1613039